• Macedonian minority co-production Directions in the program “Un Certain Regard”
Macedonian Film Agency this year for the eighth time in a row is part of the Cannes Film Festival and for the second time is participating with a film in the official festival program. After last year’s participation of Romanian-French-Croatian-Macedonian-Bosnian co-production Sieranevada directed by Cristi Puiu, this year in the official competition of the “Un Certain Regard” program, Macedonia as a co-production country will present the film project Directions, directed by Stephan Komandarev.
The film will be premiered on 26th May with screenings at 11:00 and 16:30 in the Debussy Hall. Beside the official premiere, the film will be also screened at Cannes Film Festival market on 19 and 22 May.
“Directions” is a film project in which Macedonia participates with minority financial support. The film is a co-production between Bulgaria, Germany and Macedonia. Macedonian co-producers are Vladimir Anastasov and Angela Nestorovska from the production company Sektor Film Skopje.
With the aim of providing proper promotion of this important success, Macedonian Film Agency in cooperation with the production company Sektor Film, booked add space in the prestigious magazines The Hollywood Reporter on 18 May and Screen International on 24 May.
• 3 Macedonian films with screenings at the Film Market
The Film Market, this year will present three latest Macedonian feature films:
- The new film by Teona Strugar Mitevska When the day had no name, with a screening on 19 May at 17.30 am in ARCADES 3, organized by the Macedonian Film Agency, in cooperation with the Sales Agency CERCAMON and production company Sisters and Brother Mitevski Production;
- Gjorce Stavreski`s debut Secret Ingridient, with a screening on 23 May at 12:00 at the PALAIS G, organized by the Macedonian Film Agency, in cooperation with the Sales Agent “WIDE Management” and production company Film Fragment;
- "The Year of the Monkey", the latest film by director Vladimir Blazevski, with a screening on 24 May at 10.00 am at the PALAIS E, organized by the Macedonian Film Agency, in cooperation with the production company Pank Film.
• The short film “Iron Story” at the Short Film Corner
The short film “Iron Story” by Zlatko Kalenikov will be presented in the Short Film Corner program organized by the Cannes Film Festival, in which film professionals from around the world have the opportunity to present their films and meet with colleagues from other countries participating in the program, to exchange experiences and knowledge and establish collaborations.
• Macedonian Film Agency for the eighth time with a Promotional stand of Macedonian cinema at the Film Market
Traditionally, Macedonian Film Agency is part of the South-Eastern European pavilion. During the festival days, the Agency promotes Macedonian cinematography with the latest film production, Macedonia as a destination for filming, the right to a refund of 20% of funds aimed at attracting foreign productions, opportunities for co-production, promotion of Macedonian film festivals and other projects in the film industry.